Full grain leather is a wonderful material. It can last you a lifetime provided you follow these basic do’s and don’ts.
- To clean leather, first dust with a dry cloth. Follow this with a soft damp cloth in light circular motion to remove any dirt or grime.
- If leather feels dry, rough or hard over time, nourish it with limited amounts of olive oil* with a soft cloth. This is more likely in places with a dry climate.
- Leather is not waterproof! If leather gets wet, gently dab with a dry cotton cloth and leave it in a dark, airy place. Once completely dry, condition it with some olive oil*.
- Never clean leather with detergents, cleaning sprays or other harsh cleaning agents.
- Do not leave in high heat areas for long periods of time. E.g. inside a parked car.
- Don’t scuba-dive with it or let your dog mistake it for a chew toy. But hey, if you already did something crazy with it, we'd love to know how our leather is doing!
*Please note that applying oils may slightly darken the color of leather. Test how the leather will look by applying on a small area in an inconspicuous corner.